Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ping and ASU


Outside of Ping Manufacturing
So today we had meetings with Ping Manufacturing and Arizona State University and they went pretty good! At Ping we got a little information on the history, toured their manufacturing facilities, and talked to some of their main people in marketing and customer relations. Ping was especially interesting on the tour because we were able to see how they manufactured the golf clubs and what goes into making the high quality products that they produce. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take pictures inside any of the buildings but I do have a picture of us outside of the building. After we had our meeting with Ping, we went on our tour and meeting with Arizona State University. I thought this tour was really neat as well because we got to see the sports facilities and see other things that people do not normally get to see. We toured the football and basketball stadiums, saw their hall of fame, and also talked with their main people in ticket sales. Oh and we also all almost died because we had too many people in one elevator and the elevator was lurching and wouldn't open the doors. But we did make it out alive lol. I would have to say that between the two places, the major thing that was said was that it wasn't all about the things you know but the people you know so hopefully this trip is helping us out with that! After all the meetings we did a little shopping and now my feet are completely killing me after that and all the walking with the tours. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little less walking (one can hope) and we will be visiting the Greater Phoenix Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Phoenix Regional Sports Commission. Look for the blog post on that tomorrow along with pictures and I will include pictures from ASU now as well.

Football Stadium
Basketball Arena
Hall of Fame
Inside the football stadium
Inside the basketball arena
 Oh and by the way, here in the Phoenix area today it was mid 60s. I was definitely wearing shorts after all the meetings were said and done. Kind of crazy that I could wear shorts in January! I'm loving it right now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment