So today by far was the best day we have had and was the day that I was looking forward to the most as we had meetings and tours with Fox Sports Network and the Phoenix Suns, followed by the Suns games versus the Oklahoma City Thunder. We took the rail system to downtown Phoenix for the first meeting with Fox Sports and met with their marketing director. What he told us was pretty much what everyone else has been telling us: relationships are important, you need to network, get into sports somehow right away, and intern as much as possible. He did make it seem interesting with what they do though because they deal with the TV side of sports and I actually think it would be interesting to work in that area as well. Then we did the most exciting thing for me of the whole trip and went on a tour at the Phoenix Suns, had a meeting, and also went to their game afterwards. The meeting was about the same as everywhere else. They said that every day was different for them, get lots of internships, relationships are very important, and I thought it was really cool that they said if you are a female you are not at a disadvantage in any way in the sports industry. Then the tour was absolutely amazing because when we went on the court, we were literally 5 feet away from Kevin Durant! I'm sure I am never going to forget that moment at all. I was definitely close to freaking out lol. Then we went to the game and it was really cool and I would go to another NBA game in the future. It was neat to see the game in person and get pictures from our pretty decent seats. I will absolutely be including pictures at the end of this post. Tomorrow we were supposed to go to the Phoenix Coyotes but because of the lockout just getting done, they are not going to be able to meet with us so it is a free day. I think my plans are to do an activity with the group during the day and then go eat dinner with family in the evening. Should be fun!
 |
| Fox Sports Network Arizona |
 |
| 5 Feet Away From Kevin Durant!!! |
 |
| 5 Feet Away From Kevin Durant Again!!! |
 |
| Tip-off of Suns vs. Thunder |
 |
| Outside of U.S. Airways Center Where Suns Play |
 |
| Westbrook Shooting With Durant Ready to Rebound |
No comments:
Post a Comment